Simplot’s 3rd Annual Farmers Feeding the Hungry Sweet Corn Event is THIS Saturday, August 17th near Bayard!
Several more volunteers are needed to make this event of awesome charity corn picking!
The sweet corn patch is located just outside of Bayard. From Bayard, take County Road 106 (the street past the Bayard High School) east 5 miles to County Road 85, turn south. The field is a ½ mile, on the west side. Look for the Simplot Flags. Once at the location, there will be parking attendants to assist with parking.
If possible please arrive at the field a bit prior to 9 am. Check in at the Red Husker Tent. Please remember, ALL people picking corn MUST have a release form signed prior to picking. All minors (under the age of 18), must have parental consent. The release forms will be available for you to sign that morning.
It is estimated picking will be done by 11:00-11:30 am. Lunch will follow in the field, so please feel free to bring a lawn chair.
- Free bottled water will be provided. We will have tons of water. Stay hydrated. If you want other beverages such as Gatorade please bring your own.
- Free take home sweet corn will be provided. That being said, it is a good idea to bring your own bags or boxes for you to take your corn home in.
- Bring sunscreen and mosquito spray. You will get sunburned and bitten if you don’t use them!
- Wear sunglasses or safety glasses. Sounds odd but corn leaves can be sharp like paper and can cut eyes.
- Wear work clothes. Shorts are ok but don’t provide as much protection to your legs as pants.
- Wear closed toe shoes that you don’t mind getting dirt on. Don’t wear flip flops.